The second Saturday of every month, meet Friends of Hard Labor Creek State Park and enjoy the work and company in the outdoors. Please click on the title to see a list of the monthly activities. If you can join us please pre-register by calling the park office. Help us make a positive difference.
Some tools will be provided. If you have tools, please bring them. Water and snacks will be provided.
Friends of HLC 2023 workdays:
• February 11 – Volunteers are needed to do preps before prescribed burns.
• March 11 – Equestrian workday
• April 8 – Power washing the kayaks, canoes and cleaning the storage shed at the beach.
• May 13 – Landscaping the beach area: limb pruning, garden repair, mulching, etc.
• June 3 – National Trails Day: Volunteers needed to clean up park trails.
• July 8 – Improving the fishing road (boat ramp): Limb pruning, weed eating, trash picking, Invasive species control.
• August 5 – Cleaning Lake Rutledge shoreline by canoe/kayaks or by foot.
• September 23 – Your State Parks Day (4th Saturday in Sept): projects to be determined.
• November 11 – Eliminate invasive species and brush around the CCC camp.
N 33.6549850 | W -83.596848
Located 2 miles north of Rutledge. Take I-20 exit #105 into Rutledge and proceed 3 miles on Fairplay Road. Follow signs to Visitor Center.